How long does the whole process take for a custom frame/resin piece?
The framing process takes up to 1 month from start to finish:
The flower drying process takes about 1 month: flowers from bouquets are pressed in a flower press and dried for up to 1 month to ensure no moisture in the flowers (moisture will cause molding in the blooms).
The sorting of flowers takes about 1-2 days: we love seeing what comes out of the press and can't wait to go through each bloom for your custom frame!
The arrangement of the flowers takes about 2-3 days: we want to make sure that your frame will be perfect for your home. We will be in contact with you to give you multiple options to choose from in order to make your custom piece beautiful!
The resin process takes up to 1 month from start to finish (depending on demand):
The drying process takes 2-5 days in silica gel.
The sorting of flowers takes 1-2 days: we love seeing what comes out of the gel and can't wait to go through each bloom for your custom resin piece!
Designing the flowers in resin takes 2-3 days: we want to make sure that your resin piece will be perfect for your home. We will be in contact with you to give you multiple options to choose from in order to make your custom piece beautiful!
Preserving the flowers in resin takes 1 week: the resin process happens in steps with 8-24 hour waiting periods.
When do I need to get my bouquet to you after the event?
The fresher your flowers are when they get to us, the better! We need the flowers 2-3 days after the event at the lastest, any longer and the flowers will not be able to be pressed. We recommend having a plan to send your flowers to us the day after the event. Please get in touch with us as soon as possible to book a spot for your flowers.
How do I ship my flowers?
***See "HOW IT WORKS" page for a step by step guide with pictures on how to ship your flowers***
1. Wrap all of the stems of your flowers together with a rubber band- this will prevent too much movement during shipment. You can include any and all flowers from your event you would like!
2. Wrap damp paper towels to the bottoms of the stems so that they will not dry out during travel.
3. Wrap saran wrap or a plastic bag over the damp paper towels (to prevent the box to become wet) and secure with a rubber band.
4. Obtain a box that is big enough to give the flowers enough space as to not squish them.
5. Wrap disposable ice packs in plastic bags.
6. Tape and secure disposable ice packs in the shipping box- avoid letting the petals touch the ice packs.
5. Gently place the flowers in the box and surround the flowers with bubble wrap (to ensure the flowers do not move around or get squished.
6. Please put a piece of paper with your name inside the box.
7. Shipping address: Hannah Miko 400 Whitworth Way Apt 111 Williamsburg, VA 23185
What types of flowers can be pressed?
While we love all flowers only some are suitable for pressing. Some flowers, such as dahilias, roses, and lilies do not press well because of the amount of petals and great amount of moisture. These factors cause the flowers to mold and not flatten well in the press. These flowers also have large receptacles which is the part of the flower that connects the petals to the stem. A large receptable is not ideal for pressing because the flower will not be able to flatten.
With that said, we have the ability to deconstruct and re-assemble flowers to incorperate them in your custom piece. Ask to see before and after pictures of roses we have pressed!
Here is a small list of flowers that we love to press!
-Queen Ann's Lace
-Greenery (Eucalyptus, rose leaves, ferns, ruscus)
How can I care for my flowers before shipment?
Please make sure that your flowers stay in water and are in a cool environment before shipment. Lack of water and cool environment will cause an acceleration of wilting which will result in flowers that can not be used in the pressing process.
How far in advance do I need to book a slot?
We prefer that you get in contact with us at least 2 weeks before your event. We ask this so that we can go over what you would like out of our services and to discuss the shipment process.